is the display for your GPS mouse and activates the world of hiking, biking, sailing, geocaching
or more for your phone. The program handles tracking with smart and fixed logging features. It sends reports via GPRS or SMS. It receives SMS position messages and show it as a waypoint. It exports and imports waypoints and routes. And more.
* Six views to the GPS data - position, goto, track summary, map, altitude profile, satellite
* Big diplay
* Tracking the current way
* Export tracks (PCX, IGC with security record (registered at http://www.onlinecontest.org/), KML viewable with Google Earth)
* Import routes from routes or tracks (PCX)
* Degree or UTM format
* Edit position in selected output format
* Import JPG, GIF, BMP or BSB as map
* Calibrate maps with various types
* Automatic calibration from different cal file formats
* Waypoint group to organize the waypoints
* Save current position as waypoint
* GoTo a waypoint
* Import waypoints (PCX, Geocache LOC, GPX)
* Export waypoints (PCX, KML)
* Using extra text files for waypoint description (e.g. details of a geocache, groundspeak:long_description is supported)
* Make route from a track
* Reverse routes
* Alarm on reached POIs
* GPRS position sending
* SMS position sending
* SMS position receiving
* Reset GPS from SIRF to NMEA
* Automatic reconnection to GPS if connection lost
* Filter the altitude and speed values with a Kalman filter
* Logging the NMEA sentences
This application requires an external Bluetooth GPS device.
Please notice always the bluetooth sign in top of the most windows. When the connection to the GPS is lost a message will remind you and you have to reconnect. Since version 1.01 reconnect works automatically. After 5 minutes this feature is stopped to save the battery.
When there is a problem with the phone - e.g. you have to reboot it - just start AFTrack again and select the used track. All tracks are saved in time and you can add new positions. May be you have to normalize the track before continue the track.
When you are in an area with lower GSM signals the phone is scanning for gsm cells. This costs a lot of battery power and computing power as well. So I use an old SIMM card. It doesn't looks for cells and this will give longer tracks. But no calls.
The T-Mobile-Navigate-GPS only send RMC (Recommended Minimum Specific Data) so there is no information about the altitude and the used satellites. See www.martin-dehler.de/gps/navigate.htm
for a detailed information (German).
BT-338 and may be other gps has a static navigation mode which makes problems for slower moving see this for more detail and the how to
On other hardware with moving problems use the pause speed value in the settings.
Big XML files are sometimes a problem. The parsing is completely done in the phone RAM. A work around for GPX files comes from Philippe Küchler for PC and MacOS (see below). The points are bundled to smaller packages.
On Nokia N70 the dialog box for waypoints doesn't show the labels (better with OS update).
This program is tested only with the 3650/6600/6630 and GPS Holux GR-230/BT-338.
Detailed explanation of all functions can be found here