MobileMind is a jotter application and Freemind editor and viewer for the Nokia 9500 and 9300 handsets. The application has been designed to facilitate rapid entry and grouping of data for anything from shopping list to planning an university essay.
There are two prime use cases for mobile mind
1. A mobile partner for Freemind.
2. A jotter replacement (similar to the Psion Series5 jotter). Even if you are not a Freemind user, Mobile mind makes an ideal note taking application, storing notes hierarchically for easy navigation and categorisation.
Since most ideas come to you away from a PC, perhaps on the toilet or the bus, mobile mind mapper is ideal format for brainstorming and adhock note taking on the move. The benefit of MobileMind is that you can simply drag the document over to the PC when you are at home or work and continue working on it on the large screen.
Freemind will always be better for dragging items around, printing and exporting to different format and so great care has been put into the development of MobileMind to ensure accurate round tripping - i.e that documents can be edited on both the mobile device and PC without loss of data. Freemind features which are not supported by MobileMind are preserved in tact.
Another key advantage of saving in the XML based .MM format is that your data is still accessible if you lose, or upgrade phone handsets.
* Opens and saves in Freemind .mm format
* Rich text editing of nodes. (better than Freemind!)
* Quick entry mode for brainstorming.
* Link entries to URLs and launches browser.
* Links tor local files to keep your bookmarks and local documents in order.
Missing, but planned features
* Icons and images.
* Mindmap view. This is under development butin general outline view is a better representation on a small screen.
* Setting Colour. Colours set in Freemind and shown, but you can't change or set them in MobileMind yet.
* Font typeface and size. This will probably wait for the mindmap view.
* Send as menu.