: Malcolm Bryant
The idea behind JabpLite has been to write a sophisticated personal finance program in Java MIDP which will work on a range of devices including Symbian phones and the Blackberry. JabpLite has many features to help you keep track of your finances, for example:
* Multiple accounts
* Default and user-defined categories
* Regular transactions (ie. save the transactions you do regularly)
* Track your investments
* Standing Orders (yearly, monthly, daily with any frequency), automatically generated on the due dates
* Future Balance calculations (see if you will have enough money to last until pay day!)
* Net worth calculation
* Top ten expense categories (see where your money is going!)
* Foreign currency accounts with automatic revaluation when FX rates change
and much more.
JabpLite comes with a sister program JabpBT, which allows smartphones running MIDP 2.0 to exchange data with a PC via Bluetooth. You can import or export QIF files to work with other PC-based financial programs. You can also backup your data and, when the time comes, move it onto your next phone!